The wellbeing of our staff and visitors to Ski-Inn is our priority. We are taking measures to ensure that extra care is paid to the safety and hygiene of our accommodation and partner restaurants. We want to make your stay with us safe. We kindly ask our customers and staff to stay at home if they have any symptoms, even minor ones.
Ski-Inn Hotels&Apartments Oy actively monitors the coronavirus situation. We follow the instructions issued by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare and other authorities. Our staff has been instructed in proper coronavirus procedure to ensure your safety and the success of your holiday.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
We have adopted more flexible terms of booking changes and cancellations for the duration of the coronavirus situation.
If you wish to make any changes to your booking, please notify us at least 24 hours before the beginning of your current booked period. All changes must be made in writing through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call us but rather e-mail us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you paid by bank transfer, please include your bank account number in IBAN format so we can reimburse you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON BOOKING CHANGES AND CANCELLATION
Due to the coronavirus situation, changes may be made 24 hours before the start of the booking period on the following terms: Bookings can be switched for a Ski-Inn booking period or accommodation of the same price without any additional charges. If the customer changes the booking for a more expensive period or accommodation type, the customer must pay an extra fee to cover the price difference. If the customer changes the booking for a less expensive period or accommodation type, the price difference will not be reimbursed. You may also set your booking as open, which means you may use the money on the booking for a new Ski-Inn booking up to one year from the date the booking was originally received. You may cancel your booking without charge before the due date of the prepayment. Bookings charged in one instalment may be cancelled without charge before the due date of the payment. With regard to changes concerning the accommodation period, the terms and conditions of change and cancellation always apply in accordance with the original booking period.
Cancellations must always be made in writing to the service provider. Neglecting to pay the invoice is not considered a valid basis for cancelling a reservation.
If the customer cancels their booking on the due date of the prepayment or earlier than 4 weeks prior to the start of the booked accommodation period, the prepayment (1/3 of the total value of the booking) and the handling charge will not be reimbursed.
If the cancellation is made later than 4 weeks before the start of the accommodation period or during the accommodation, the customer will be charged the entire cost (100%) and no payments will be reimbursed.
If the cancellation is made before the accommodation period due to the death or serious illness of the customer or their next of kin, the accommodation fee will be reimbursed in its entirety, excluding a EUR 46 cancellation fee. The customer must present a medical certificate or other reliable proof of the grounds for the cancellation within 2 weeks of the cancellation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What should I do if I have booked accommodation in a Pyhä or Ruka Ski-Inn apartment or hotel and want to make changes to the booking?
During these exceptional times, Ski-Inn has adopted more flexible terms of booking and cancellation. In practice, this means that if you need to make changes to your booking period, we are happy to comply, subject to availability. Please note that if your new booking period is more expensive than the original booking, we will charge you for the price difference. If the new booking is less expensive than the original booking, we will not reimburse the difference. You may also set your booking as open, which means you may use the money on the booking for a new Ski-Inn booking up to one year from the date the booking was originally received.
As Ski-Inn destinations operate independently, customers do not necessarily need to come in contact with the staff or other customers. We try to handle all necessary contact with our reception remotely via telephone or e-mail.
Instructions upon arrival at your Ski-Inn accommodation:
- The reception at Ski-Inn RukaVillage is open every day. You can check the opening hours here. However, we ask you to kindly avoid visiting the reception. You can contact us by phone on 08 8600 290 or via e-mail at email@example.com. If you do have to visit the reception, we ask you to please keep your distance to the receptionists and other customers (2 metres is recommended).
- Hand sanitiser for customer use is available in the reception. Please use the hand sanitiser when you enter the reception area and when you leave.
- Our aim is to handle all payments in advance. However, if you have to visit the reception to make a payment, please use contactless payment whenever possible. We wipe down the reception counters and payment devices regularly.
- A sneeze guard has been installed in our reception to ensure personal safety.
- Our partnered restaurants follow the government’s official coronavirus guidelines, which emphasise social distancing and good hand hygiene for both customers and staff. We actively monitor the health of our employees. Please only visit the restaurants if you are healthy.
- Please do not travel if you are under quarantine.
- If you are not feeling well or suspect you may have contracted the coronavirus, please stay at home.
- If you suspect you may have the coronavirus and you are already staying with us, please stay in your room and notify us immediately.
- Remember to wash your hands extra carefully.
- Please avoid unnecessary interaction with other visitors.
All of our accommodation and common areas are cleaned by professionals from SOL Cleaning services.
In addition to ensuring our usual high level of hygiene, we will also be continuing with intensified cleaning procedures at all Ski-Inn locations, following the instructions given by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare and other authorities. The intensified cleaning procedures include paying special attention to wiping and disinfecting surfaces. When necessary, we also have the capability to respond to rapidly changing situations with regard to special cleaning. All of our service points display the most up-to-date hygiene guidelines from the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare and hand sanitiser is available. Our staff have been instructed to follow official guidelines, and we will inform our customers whenever necessary.
During the epidemic, we are avoiding maintenance visits to rooms while customers are present. If there is an urgent need for maintenance, we ask you to please leave the room while the maintenance is performed.
We have instructed our staff to wear masks if they have to visit a room while customers are present.
Read more about the effects of the coronavirus in the Ruka and Pyhä tourist regions:
Companies in both Ruka and Pyhä are operating in accordance with the coronavirus situation. You can find more information and updates on the status of travel companies through the links below.
You can find up-to-date information on the coronavirus on the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare’s website.