The wellbeing of our staff and visitors to Ski-Inn is our priority. We are taking measures to ensure that extra care is paid to the safety and hygiene of our accommodation and partner restaurants. We want to make your stay with us safe. We kindly ask our customers and staff to stay at home if they have any symptoms, even minor ones.
As Ski-Inn destinations operate independently, customers do not necessarily need to come in contact with the staff or other customers. We try to handle all necessary contact with our reception remotely via telephone or e-mail.
Instructions upon arrival at your Ski-Inn accommodation:
- The reception at Ski-Inn RukaVillage is open every day. You can check the opening hours here. However, we ask you to kindly avoid visiting the reception. You can contact us by phone on 08 8600 290 or via e-mail at email@example.com. If you do have to visit the reception, we ask you to please keep your distance to the receptionists and other customers (2 metres is recommended).
- Hand sanitiser for customer use is available in the reception. Please use the hand sanitiser when you enter the reception area and when you leave.
- Our aim is to handle all payments in advance. However, if you have to visit the reception to make a payment, please use contactless payment whenever possible. We wipe down the reception counters and payment devices regularly.
- A sneeze guard has been installed in our reception to ensure personal safety.
- Our partnered restaurants follow the government’s official coronavirus guidelines, which emphasise social distancing and good hand hygiene for both customers and staff. We actively monitor the health of our employees. Please only visit the restaurants if you are healthy.
- Please do not travel if you are under quarantine.
- If you are not feeling well or suspect you may have contracted the coronavirus, please stay at home.
- If you suspect you may have the coronavirus and you are already staying with us, please stay in your room and notify us immediately.
- Remember to wash your hands extra carefully.
- Please avoid unnecessary interaction with other visitors.
All of our accommodation and common areas are cleaned by professionals from SOL Cleaning services.
In addition to ensuring our usual high level of hygiene, we will also be continuing with intensified cleaning procedures at all Ski-Inn locations, following the instructions given by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare and other authorities. The intensified cleaning procedures include paying special attention to wiping surfaces. When necessary, we also have the capability to respond to rapidly changing situations with regard to special cleaning. All of our service points display the most up-to-date hygiene guidelines from the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare and hand sanitiser is available. Our staff have been instructed to follow official guidelines, and we will inform our customers whenever necessary.
During the epidemic, we are avoiding maintenance visits to rooms while customers are present. If there is an urgent need for maintenance, we ask you to please leave the room while the maintenance is performed.
We have instructed our staff to wear masks if they have to visit a room while customers are present.
Read more about the effects of the coronavirus in the Ruka and Pyhä tourist regions:
Companies in both Ruka and Pyhä are operating in accordance with the coronavirus situation. You can find more information and updates on the status of travel companies through the links below.
You can find up-to-date information on the coronavirus on the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare’s website.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What should I do if I have booked accommodation in a Pyhä or Ruka Ski-Inn apartment or hotel and want to make changes to the booking?
During these exceptional times, Ski-Inn has adopted more flexible terms of booking and cancellation. In practice, this means that if you need to make changes to your booking period, we are happy to comply, subject to availability. Please note that if your new booking period is more expensive than the original booking, we will charge you for the price difference. If the new booking is less expensive than the original booking, we will not reimburse the difference. All changes are always subject to a change fee of EUR 46.
An event held at the booking destination is cancelled, am I entitled to cancel my accommodation as well?
A cancelled event related to an accommodation booking is not a valid reason to cancel your accommodation in accordance with the cancellation policy. The accommodation and the event are independent of each other, and the cancelled event does not affect the accommodation's operations.
I'm too scared to travel, can I cancel my accommodation?
According to the cancellation policy, cancelling the accommodation for the fear of contracting COVID-19 is not a valid reason to cancel the accommodation. The reservation can be postponed according to the change and cancellation policies of normal reservations.
What should I do if I have to be quarantined due to exposure to the coronavirus?
If you are quarantined, the official quarantine certificate is equated with a medical certificate when you cancel your booking. Against an official certificate, we will refund the value of the accommodation you paid minus the EUR 46 cancellation fee.
If you wish, you may also set your booking as open, which means you may use the money, minus a EUR 46 change fee, on a new booking up to one year from the original booking date.